Yesterday I picked up a Carter 2100s, put in a rebuild kit and installed it on the truck. Got it running and it seems my issue with fuel surging out is gone. Over the last few day I made a couple discoveries:
- there was an in line fuel filter between the frame channel behind the battery box. It was full of junk.
-the fuel shut off on the tank was also full of junk. Both problems were likely causing the starving issue unless idling.
-the tank had been cleaned up and treated but they (previous owners) didn’t do anything else between that and the pump.
The timing is also off due to the clamp bolt being loose.
So there were many things contributing to my issue’s. Now I need to figure out how to do the timing on a 53 235 engine and what the basic setting is for the screw at the base of the carb. Currently it’s 1 1/4 turns out.
I have a timing light so just need to know the process for timing. Yes I’ll look it up but if anyone has any tips?…….
Bob