It is a solenoid starter. The lights work fine while cranking. But still no turn signals. I text JDL and he says, whatever went wrong is somewhere between the battery and the fuse box itself. maybe an inline fuse somewhere. he also says that there was fused marked ignition in the fuse box that did not have power. At the time I was not worried why when he got it started but getting it to his house and on to Mongos. He did not relay that information to me until I sent him a text. Not his fault. I have a difficult time seeing the fuse box up under the dash with my bifocals. For whatever reason that does not have power would explain the sudden loss of power, a blown fuse. With that bit of information maybe tomorrow when I drive it to the shop to pick up my car the mechanic can see up under there now that he knows what to look for. The key will run the radio both in full-on and auxiliary. Thanks all.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017