The Binder engines were long on torque and short on HP. Most used a 2 barrel carb and sucked gas big time. The V8's were used in many 1/2 ton and up trucks and travelalls even some later Scouts. I have a 72' Binder out back with the complete running gear(ran when I parked it, LOL), 348 3 spd w/granny. I used it as a wrecker for years till I broke the frame, it would pull a house down but wouldn't pass a gas station. There are still companies making parts for the engines but their not cheap. Good luck.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane