You should be able to flush it out . I drained the rear diff oil by loosening up the rear cover bolts enough to allow it to drain, retightened the bolts, filled it up with diesel fuel, raised the rear end off the ground and let it operate in 1st gear for a few minutes , loosened the rear cover to drain the diesel, removed the rear cover, checked for any obvious issues, replaced the cover/gasket, refilled with 80-90 Gear Oil, and went on down the road.

Note that mine leaked at the front seal, so I went through the process of replacing the front seal while I was working on the rear diff......now that front retainer gasket may be a bit harder to find. PM me if you decide to go down that road and I'll share what the experts shared with me.

Best wishes on your project.

Last edited by Dusty53; 09/14/2023 3:53 AM.

Ron - - Dusty53
1954 Chevy 3604
In the Gallery Forum
"You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell."
"They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."