Bob, the Carter YF that came with my truck didn't have any numbers , either.

It was determined by carbking to be a mongrel re-man carb from the 70s or 80s or something. Base was from a 50s Willys Overland Jeep and the body was from from some 60s Jeep. It was jetted wrong, etc.

I ended up getting a correct YF carb for the 216 and rebuilding it with a correct kit.

I'll bet yours is a re-man assembled from random hodge podge parts and sold as an off-the-shelf Fitzall that offers mediocre performance to a variety of vehicles instead of perfect performance for your specific application.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)