Dusty, nice shot of the old boards.
Was that 3/4 ton an eight foot box?
I hope you kept them for reference, as far as profile, size , hole location !
If Texaco’s bed is original, and folks collected trucks the way they do coins,
then that anomaly would jump up the value!
Many of us have had original beds, the wood almost always rotten.
But if kept out of the weather, they would last like floors in a house!
Maple , by the way, just doesn’t stand up to outdoor exposure.
The old southern pine was about as good as anything for durability.
This is getting to be a spoon style discussion!
It is a 3/4 ton. I purchased the pine bed wood kit from Mar-K and used dark tung oil to finish it.
Texaco's bed is the bed he's got and the history behind it is the history he has to work with so I'll happily go with his truth. For all we know, or will ever know. the original owners Dealership story may be completely true.
Well this is the How to Make a Stovebolt Bed forum so I think we are still ok.