I am looking into a 292 and pulling the 250 out. I am concerned about the balancer and pulley system. Does the 292 have a pulley built into the balance like the 250 does? or is it a bolt on pulley like the small blocks? The engine I am looking at is missing the balancer and rods, it's a core motor from my local machine shop. They started the project years ago and quit, The crank is turned and block is ready to bore. They are looking for the missing parts. I checked out the parts catologs for a replacement and found a Fluid Dampner that will fit, but it has bolt on pulley. I don't think I have room for that, the fan is already to close to radiator. Any one have any picture or ideas where turn or what to look for?

I have to do something, my 250 started to seep coolant from the left front headgasket area. After pulling the head, I found the block cracked at the first head bolt. It showed no sign of trouble, just started seeping one day last winter. Must of been all that horsepower grin

Joe