Sounds good. So im 33 and have a 65’ F100 and 54 F100 that the work was already done on (mostly). This is my first project truck and loving it. Over the past week I was able to
-Get it running (hadn’t run in 6 years)
-Brand new wiring for all headlights, turn signals, tail lights, etc. The old wiring was a birds nest.
Next is working on the Air over Hydraulic Brakes. Any insight on where to start, what steps to take? Currently there is no pressure to the brakes when I push down on them, but the hand brake works wonderfully. Should I check the master cylinder first for fluid or any other steps?
Also trying to better understand the 2 gear rear. I have a red knob on the dash with a metal line that runs down to the bottom of the transmission. Is this to switch the low vs high transmission? If so there is a lot of slack in the line, is there a way to tighten the line up to ensure that the shift happens?
I have gotten the truck going about 25-30 miles an hour, but didnt shift into high.
Thank you and I appreciate everyone’s help and insight so much. After we can get it to pass inspection, will work on body work and building a wood flat bed for it. Will be my Lowe’s Truck and farm truck.