Waa Hoo!!! I picked up my engine from the shop today and brought it home. I'm back in business on the '49 4400 again after being stuck for 6 years.

The engine is the '58 235 that was in the truck when I bought it. Billy did a complete bottom to top rebuild -- turned the crank, bored it, everything new.

The cost? Well, it was breathtaking to say the least. eek eek eek So much for the Christmas tree profit... frown But at least I have a perfect (except for the color frown ) 235.

But I'm pretty motivated. I got it off the back of the truck and it's sitting in the frame now. Found out I lost the front motor mount bolts over the past 6 years.

But hey, I'm back in business. This is cool! Now I have to get my body man off his butt!

grin
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)