Thanks John!

I got the tranny in today (with thanks to my neighbor who came and turned the motor over to get the splines lined up while I was grunting the SM420 into place.

Had to make two trips over to my other neighbor's to raid his Grade 8 bolt bin for new motor mounts bolts and nuts -- even found those fine thread nuts so I could reuse the original bolts for the rear mounts.

Because I got the motor mounts all sorted out, I was able to move the engine hoist away from the truck and admire the reassembled engine in the frame -- it was a beautiful sight!!!

Until I noticed I forgot the front motor mount shield!!! I said a bad word and then wheeled the engine hoist back into place and redid the front mount.

That right side bolt on the front motor mount was a bear -- the one on the timing gear cover. I couldn't get the 7/16ths, 2-inch bolt to go down through that hole, so I ran it up from underneath -- I hope that's okay. I'm using lock nuts as well as lock washers.

Cool day!

Pictures available as soon as Peggy uploads my updated Gallery Page.

grin
John


~ One of many.