fattboyzz. I do not have a pic of oil pan hitting crossmember.
klhansen, Thanks I will try posting text next time I post pics.
bartamos;
1) My question, 1 of many, how do I get a sbc and auto trans into a 1961 C10? The truck was originally available with this combo, so it shouldn't be hard to do.
2) Since no one makes a trans crossmember (or engine mounts) for This truck, I will either fab one or buy one and modify it. The mount on the trans closely lines up with the mounting holes on frame.
3) If you look at the pics of the motor mounts, they are sitting on 1" blocks. But they aren't lined up.
4) I do understand that. That's why the engine angle worries me.
5) We are thinking the same thing. I've pulled the motor/trans back out of the truck and will put the truck on jack stands. 2 under rear axle, and 2 under frame near the front of the truck.
Thanks for your thoughts.
fibonachu;
I took hood off, front grill not much of an issue.
I was going to look into a universal one, Speedway or Summit.
I have the engine/trans out of the truck. I will pull the mounts off and see where I can get it to fit,
Right now the "hump" is not an issue. I'm not touching the hump. I took engine/trans out so I could remove throttle linkage. To move engine back. Maybe the firewall will be an issue then. The trans tail shaft is about as high as it can go, so I need to lower engine.
Lookig for a shallow oil pan as well.
Thank you all for your input.
Going to go out and put this truck on jack stands.