I generally prefer to take the hood and grille off, but leave the fenders on so I can gauge clearance.

It looks like you need to bring the front of the engine down using a different motor mount setup. The universal one from speedway has been recommended above, I have done custom ones as well.

If you take the mounts you have all the way off, can you get the engine low enough? If so, figure out the height and spacing and make a set of mounts (or buy some universals).

You will likely also need to modify the floor of the cab to get the high hump. If you can't bring the engine down far enough as-is, you will need to do that first.


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues