Like Jerry says, there's more than just resistance at work. Inductance in windings affects transient current. There's also capacitance in other types of circuits. If you had an oscilloscope, you could watch the current change (as a result of the inductance) as you apply voltage to a coil. It's probably too fast to see on an ohmmeter.
I'm not even very knowledgeable about circuits, as I'm just a Mechanical Engineer. I never could understand how the electrons get thru a wire when there's no hole in the middle for them.
The saying in Mechanical Engineering is "E=MCsquared and you can't push on a rope."

Last edited by klhansen; 06/14/2023 10:40 PM.

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.