Otto:

You are correct in assuming all wires disconnected from the coil.

No way to tell 6v vs. 12v coil that I know of on an unmarked coil. Not knowing if the coil under test is good or bad, 6v or 12v is why I gave such a large range of measurement.

Any coil failing the ohms testing I talked about is definitely bad. The "Anything else has at least a chance of being good and could only be tested by either trying it on the truck/car or by using expensive test equipment." is what 2ManyTrucks is talking about.


'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12
'52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.