Update on carb. Didn’t get around to putting gas on until this morning and tried to crank it. Had gas leak at the fuel pump intake side. The 5/16 fitting was gauled beyond repair. Trip to hardware was fruitless but found a barb that would fit so went with it. Ohh I was glad I put a shutoff valve on the line ðŸ˜
Got that fixed and poured more gas in the carb a couple times to get it started. On the third try it stayed running. I cut it off after about 40 seconds and got the water hose and filled the radiator and had a major leak.
Freeze plug had a hole on it. Cleaned it as good as I could and when I finish this post going to mix up some JB weld.
Will let you know how that goes tomorrow after letting it set up overnight.
Cheers and wish me luck
1954 Chevy 3100 One problem solved doesn’t seem to shorten the list Montgomery, AL In Project Journals