I am trying to purchase a 72 C50 dump truck. I live here in massachusetts and this truck is unbeliveably solid. floors rockers etc. unheard of in these parts. Any way my question is on the brakes, It has a manuel master cylinder on the fire wall, 2 lines out of it, then it has what appears to be regular drums in front. In the rear it has two wheel cylinders on each wheel (prety standard) now the hard part it has TWO what look like vacume boosters under the drivers side of the cab. I did some search on your site and they look like "hydro vac" boosters. is this right for the year or am I wrong.The set up looks factory. The master is dry No brakes. I was going to pour fluid in, try to bleed them and check for leaks. is there any thing I should know before doing this? Also can I use DOT 3 brake fluid. I am a Chevrolet car/light truck mechanic and have little experiance with medium duty trucks. No one around here remembers them much because in new england most have gone to scrap years ago. This will be my first big bolt. Any info would be great. Thanks grin


1970 C50 dump! saving orphans from the CRUSHER