Just drive it. I blew up a 225 Dodge in Wickenburg Arizona. Had a friend in Vegas find a good 318. He brought it down and helped me set it in. Well then I had to get it running. Not having dealt with V8 Dodges before I had quite a time. On top of that I had stopped at a camp ground that wanted to do the whole thing, and were having a fight with the only other parts house in town. Anyway, after some creative stuff I got it running. Drove it all the way to Vegas with open pipes. Just coming into Henderson, here came the red lights. Shut down the truck real quick. He said do you know you have a taillight out on the trailer? I said no, thank you I'll get it fixed. Anyway drove it to my buddy's, welded up a set of duals, and wen't on my way.
Dennis