I tried to wire brush the channel, couldn’t get much access. I applied Ospho, rusty metal primer, and Dark Bronze Metallic. The channel for the rubber sweeper is not smooth like when new. I tried to push the rubber in from the opening. After about 2 seconds I gave up. I tried another approach. I placed one edge of the rubber in the channel and used a large flat blade screwdriver to push the other edge into the channel. I worked along the length of the channel one screwdriver width at a time. After all the rubber was in place I worked it again to adjust the angle. The rubber was tough enough to take the gouging without breaking. Before I started I laid the rubber along the channel, it looked short so I started short. At the end it was not short so I had to scrunch it back, that was no fun. I did this with the doors off the truck, but it could probably be done with the doors on the truck.
Attachments
RubberSweeperInstall1.jpg (127.28 KB, 76 downloads)


1947.2 Chevy Panel Truck 1-ton
In Project Journals
In the DITY Gallery
1955.2 Chevy Suburban
1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV