If your 48 is like my (52 minus the vent window), as Kevin stated the rubber wiper on the outside slides in from the break in the center. However, it’s not easy. I helped it out a bit by slightly spreading the channel and lubricated it with soap. I didn’t want to use silicone to prevent issues later. It took a while to work it in but I did get it in. I was only able to slip the wiper in one side, so I hooked one side of the wiper under the channel and gently coaxed the other side in with a wide bladed screwdriver. Once it was in, I tapped the channel down to close it back up again.
The felt on the inside of the window was stapled from the factory. I saved the staples figuring I could reuse them, but could not drill new holes and get them aligned to re-install. I used some type of adhesive to glue the felt assemblies in place, but for the life of me , I can’t remember what I used. I used small clamps to keep the assembly in place while the adhesive dried.
The picture shows the channel the wiper is held in place with. You can see the opening in the channel to slip the
Last edited by Phak1; 02/08/202310:29 PM.
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals
1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes Project Journals Stovebolt Gallery Forum