I haven't installed the rubber seal yet, but I believe it slides into the channel. There's an opening in the center of the channel that I believe is used to install the seal, inserting each end from that opening. The seal will have to be bent in the middle to do that. The process will be much like installing the windlace on the 49 and later trucks that use a retaining channel (not like the earlier retainer that's screwed in place), and is shown in the service manual. Removing the reveal molding will give you more room to work, as it's going to be pretty tight even with the reveal molding removed.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.