The stock cams are absolutely perfect for a stock motor. No ifs ands or buts. If I was restoring a motor (and I may in a couple of years when I have a little more time on my hands) I would not even think about using anything other then a stock cam. Long sorted out as optimal for a nice daily driver or a nice low rpm truck.

I was at the trifive nationals a couple of years ago and a guy was there with his grandmother's 55 235 powerglide station wagon, unrestored. That motor ran so whisper quiet. I forgot just how nice those motors ran in stock form. So for stock, its a stock cam for me.

But if you want to warm the motor up a little, tinker and have some fun with fenton headers and dual carbs, I just think you can do way better then the 261 cam and I think Langdon's Bull Dog cam is a good one to consider. Clifford has something similar, but Clifford's cams are pretty expensive.

Want to move up to large valves, big carbs, big gears, then you can delve into much larger cams.

Last edited by Dragsix; 04/10/2023 7:56 PM.

Mike