Hmmmm- - - -he's definitely got the good ole boy accent down pat! Once I get my radius grinding setup in operation, it's gong to be interesting to see what the lifter/lobe contact pattern looks like. I believe that regrinding vintage lifters might be a much better approach than gambling on the new lifters with poor to nonexistent quality control problems. I'm also going to set up a new camshaft on the lathe with the spindle locked and use a dial indicator on the carriage to check how much taper the lobes have from front to back. I'm wondering if a reground cam will have any lobe taper at all- - - -that's something to ask the cam grinder I just located close to home. He's really an old geezer- - - -in his mid-80's at a minimum, maybe older!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!