Quick update.....
I do belong to the CMP or MapleLeafUp Forum and whatever I find will be shared with MLU and Stovebolt..... both of which have world wide members.
First I got an immediate response that parts are in storage and it would take too much time to dig them up..... I understand they are not a reference library.... so inquired about their "return policy" if it does not fit....... as I do have a supply of paperweights from previous attempts...... awaiting reply.
A contact at a Canadian Defence museum is looking into the parts numbers supplied for the 5 ton truck..... is first response from memory, is that the Canadian 5 ton had HUGE tie rod ends but he will visually compare the 1940 CMP model to the 5 ton and get back to me.... also exploring details/specs for the part numbers supplied by Gdads51.
Need to work on photos and measurements before I contact Moog.......
Tomorrow is still snow blowing and the snow is fluffy and not wet which makes the job easier.
As to official part numbers according to GM/National defense parts manuals dated May 1945, the most recent volume ( verified against previous parts manuals dating back to 1940.....
Spare parts list...part number used by DND..... C01Q3289 and 3290 ( RH and LH) GM numbers 1798784 and 179 8783.......Note.... these numbers have an asterick ( * ) which indicates that they are peculiar to Canadian trucks.
Having a special part made is unfortunately more than the value of the complete vehicle..... even with the limited demand world wide from the majority of backyard collectors/restorers. These trucks were used extensively in Canada and shipped to the UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand...... but they are all over 80 years old and few have survived their army service and abuse in civilian surplus market.
Thanks for all the leads which I will follow up.
Bob C
PS.......Search of Master Parts Manual from GM....covering 1929 to 1951....item 6.233..... no 179xxxx series not used at all ..... even on Canadian HD MapleLeaf trucks which were the Canadian version of the GMC HD..... now leafing into Hollanders interchange listing..
Last edited by RAC1812; 01/13/2023 10:50 PM.