Need your keen eye and assistance in the odd ball department.

Looking for a pair of tie rod ends for a Canadian Military Pattern 4x4 1940 Chevrolet..... same part for a 3/4 to 3 ton truck front axle.... I know it was a British design manufactured in Oshawa Canada and grossly overbuilt.

I have never seen replacement parts,,,,ever. During the design stage in late 1937-38-39 a lot of off the shelf items where used for expediency..... my Chev had Ford brakes, door handles, headlights, etc

Surfing EBay I found similar, look alike but never the right size..... I finally bought one and it looks like a midget......... I am sure they must have used some available Heavy Duty parts from the GM, Chevrolet, Maple Leaf HD trucks, GMC, CCKW..... or all the other sub sub suppliers......

Give it a good look it may have been used post war in "OTHER" large limited production vehicles.....

Just to give you an example of "off the shelf" engineering....... the 4 trush bearings for the 4x4 steering of the CMP was the New Departure bearing and was the same as the mid 30s Cadillac LaSalle and the price when found depended if you ask for Cadillac or truck.

Now let's see if I am lucky at posting a couple of pictures

Thanks for your help!!!
Attachments
IMG_1440.JPGresz.JPGtext.JPG (127.81 KB, 272 downloads)
IMG_1443.JPGresz.JPGtext.JPG (162.32 KB, 272 downloads)


Bob C.
CMP Heaven
The Hammond Barn