50 shep, send Jerry a PM, talk and see what you can work out. He has what you need all together and in one spot. That motor in that truck with that pedigree, its just cool, really cool and I think worth the effort and expense to get it right. There are just not that many true hot rods like that around any more and you have one!
As for the caddy motor, my father, grandfather and great grandfather were funeral directors. I drove all manner of cadillac sedans, limos, hearses growing up, and all manner of motors, 390, 472, 500, even the lousy 4-6-8 motor with the solonoids on the rockers. What they all had in common was unbelievable torque and power under 3200 rpm. Sometimes lower then that, all in stock form. What fun.
As to the condition of the deck of the block you have, it clearly needs to be machined. Its an old motor, the deck has corroded like every other old motor. I have had decks on 235 blocks that were way worse. But that is why they get machined during the rebuild process. Gets them flat and a fresh sealing face. Same with the heads. That was clearly not done with that motor but unless that block is cracked, I just don't believe it is completly junk.
Last edited by Dragsix; 01/08/2023 4:44 AM.