Well, I don't really have a question. A counseling session maybe.... I've pretty much finished a frame off and now my 1950 sits with an empty engine bay. It came with a 390 Cadillac engine that my grandfather had originally installed in the late 60's. For nostalgic purposes I really wanted to keep the Cadillac motor but man I have had a real hard time finding reliable machine shops and parts are really getting hard to find with these early Cadillac motors. The motor had two cracked heads so I spent a long time trying locate those, finally got the motor installed and running but I'm still getting exhaust gasses into the radiator so now I'm wondering if the block may actually have a crack. The first machine shop said the block was good but he is out of business now..... so.... I've sunk a lot of money into this caddy motor but I'm really starting to think of just going with a belly button motor and going on my merry way..... Anyone in the southern California area that knows a builder that specializes in old caddy motors? I've googled and googled and haven't come up with much....
Last edited by Peggy M; 08/22/2023 1:26 AM. Reason: added more info to the title