Originally Posted by Dusty53
I like what you've done, it certainly looks like a survivor and it looks great just like it is. The front splash apron, you could consider repairing the brazing weld job and refinishing the entire apron. With a bit of trial and error you should be able to get a paint match from a local automotive paint supplier. It took me several attempts on my 1954 to get close to the original color. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your time capsule!

Yeah that splash apron looks pretty narly. I personally have never seen brass used before for a weld bead. I can just imagine my grandfather out in the field throwing a quick fix on it. It gives it character. The front bumper is bent though. I need to either straighten out the brackets or purchase new ones. Next I want to polish up the interior and figure out what I’m going to do for the floor. Maybe wire wheel as much rust as I can and spray some rust oleum to cover the metal and get a new floor mat.

Last edited by Grn52chevy; 12/21/2022 7:35 PM.

1952 Chevrolet 3100 "Green"
The re-store in the Project Journal