That truck is a gem. Nearly a museum piece. Just that little bit of rust in the floor board is amazing. I see that it's had some rust-proofing wink on the undercarriage. I'm not a fan of that style of rear bumper, but I would keep it given the truck's history, and like Tim said, preserve it. Even leave that running board owie as is, since you know the story behind it.
I believe the color is close to Ocean Green, which was Chevy's original light green color. But as you said, it appears the truck was repainted, as the rear bars of the grille would have been an off-white color originally. There are a couple other spots that say repaint as well.
Awesome truck and back story. thumbs_up


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.