September 2021

I installed new rear glass, door glass and vent windows. I did some searching online and found some good tutorials on how to replace them myself. With some help from my little ones, I got the glass replaced. I also installed new interior door panels, hood emblems and upgraded to black rear tailgate letter decals. I installed a fresh set of tires, beauty rings and a matching set of original 52 Chevrolet hubcaps.


To restore the paint and treat any surface rust I used a CLR (Calcium, lime, rust remover) half and half with water and scrubbed the whole truck with a 3M scotch-brite pad.

The front bumper splash apron was a pretty awesome. Under all that surface rust are these interesting looking brass welds and original "Sun Beige" color under the green. Evidence from back in the 70's.

I used a Clay Bar Kit and went over the whole truck, then by hand I used Complete Compound, then Polish, and then Wax. Three full days of hand buffing later and it turned out great!
Attachments
IMG_E6770.JPG (430.97 KB, 215 downloads)
IMG_E6773.JPG (412.53 KB, 217 downloads)
IMG_E6486.JPG (405.39 KB, 216 downloads)
IMG_E6487.JPG (341.22 KB, 216 downloads)
IMG_E6488.JPG (362.24 KB, 213 downloads)
IMG_E6490.JPG (279.72 KB, 213 downloads)
IMG_E6491.JPG (309.47 KB, 212 downloads)
IMG_E6496.JPG (471.46 KB, 217 downloads)
IMG_E0436.JPG (316.92 KB, 216 downloads)
IMG_E0437.JPG (290.2 KB, 216 downloads)

Last edited by Grn52chevy; 12/22/2022 5:24 AM.

1952 Chevrolet 3100 "Green"
The re-store in the Project Journal