Perhaps he was going for "original appearing" restoration. The only big change I see here is that he relocated the fuel tank.
Sounds like you're just being nitpicky.

Yes when it comes to these Task Force trucks I am. I have seen too many of them historically ruined. So much so there is only a few folks left in this world that know what they looked like back in the day.
Can't stand the show but that Mark Worman guy at graveyard cars strives for factory stock restorations, and knows his mopars. I wish there was someone like that for old GM trucks. Yeah I know most don't care.
Thank fully there are some that do though.
What the guy did in the video is great I think he did a wonderful job, and happy it was a rusted out mess he fixed. I'd give him an award for his accomplishment too.