Originally Posted by klhansen
Eric

If they're just the square pads that car and truck shop shows in their catalog, with a hole in the middle and maybe a sleeve around the bolt, it wouldn't be hard to build a mold and cast your own from polyurethane. It's available from a number of sources in 2-part form that you pour into the mold. I've rehabbed my axle and transmission mounts using that process. Silicone grease works as a mold release.

Which type of poly did you use? I have experimented with a couple different types but never found anything that looked durable enough to use for mounts. I have a couple things I would like to recast.


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues