Originally Posted by Fibonachu
Which type of poly did you use? I have experimented with a couple different types but never found anything that looked durable enough to use for mounts. I have a couple things I would like to recast.
I used Simple Resin's Enduro-Flex product for my axle mount pivots. It looks like it's back available, as it hasn't been for a while. Link

It can be tinted if you want. Their tech department sent me this info:

Add pigment at ~2% of the total mixture to the Part B side and blend. Make sure its not a water based pigment.
Combine colored hardener and resin at equal weights or volumes.
Mix well for 20-30 seconds scrapping sides and bottom of mix container several times throughout mixing process.
Pour into cavity.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.