When I was thinking of moving my tank out of the cab on my 58, 3100, I found this comment below from a retired firefighter. There is a reason the manufacturers moved them from the cab. I realize there’s no perfect place for the gas tank but I feel safer with it out of the cab when I have one of the grandkids are along for a ride.
Re: behind the seat gas tank safety issues
Materman #860262 19/06/12 03:04 AM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 181
Vacaville, CA
1
123456789101112 Offline
Wrench Fetcher
I'm a retired firefighter from the Los Angeles area. Any flammable liquids or pressurized vessels in a passenger compartment is an invitation to serious burns or a fatality. I have seen dozens of both. When it involves the kids too then it shifts from tragedy to pathetically stupid. My advice. Don't do it. Think of what impact damage will cause.