I've been told the tank inside the cab is much safer than the tank under the bed...because of the risk of rupture/fire/explosion in a crash. That is to say there is more danger from that if your tank is under the bed. Now, I should add a couple of things since there are people who think having the tank under the bed is really spiffy and what you should do. One...if you're using your truck as a truck, just make certain there are no leaks in the tank (or just buy a new one) and leave it in the cab with new rubber connections to filler neck/vent pipe. You won't get any vapors at all. The filler location and filler neck, etc will make more sense. Two...if you're hit hard enough to rupture a gas tank in the cab, you've very likely been hit hard enough to qualify you for a ticket to meet Jesus...the AD trucks not engineered with airbags and other safety gizmos. Three...if you put your tank under the bed, where are you going to put the filler neck? One fellow who used to post here ran his between the cab and the bed. Does that sound good? Get hit in the rear and smash the filler neck between the cab and front of the bed? Or most folks will cut a hole in the bed wood and run the filler up through that hole. Same thing. Get hit in the rear or the side and you'll shear the filler neck off and maybe provide some sparks in the process. Large cherry bomb back there. The AD frame is engineered to flex as you drive. I'm not sure what having your frame flex and having a tank mounted securely to it means, but I use my truck as a truck and I take comfort in knowing the people who designed it were smarter about that stuff than I am. If you decide to put it under the bed, good luck and I hope you like it. Friends of mine who have done this have told me it was a large expense for no benefit...but you will have a little more room behind the seat. As I said, good luck. You'll love the truck and Chandler is a great place to own one!