Why does Dynacorn break its AD bodies into 1947-1950 and 1952-1954?
That doesn't seem to make any sense. And what about 1951? I wonder if they put the driver side vent in the cab for the 47-50 models?
And how do you register a Dynacorn body? It varies from state to state, I imagine. If you put a DC body on an S10 chassis, is the truck a Chevy S10 or a 1950 Chevy?
You have to have a body on your already registered truck.
The new cab becomes that cab. All the same as if you or a shop replace a twisted, bent, smashed and or rusted out A pillar or what ever panel holds the tag.
S10 chassis etc. people are doing that with all these old trucks all the time. I don't know what they do. I do know if there is no number, after the red tape they either weld or rivet something on your pristine truck or car, I've seen some in the past. It will never win an award for a concours restoration or anything.
Do the AD trucks have the serial number on the frame?