Well, regarding serial numbers on frames…

I don’t know about 47-55 trucks (despite owning a few), but I did find the frame serial number on the 1970 C10 I have that I got from my Uncle&Dad&Grandpa. It was on the LH frame rail on the top side underneath the cab and was very hard to see. If the cab was on and the frame painted, you would never find it. Knowing the history of my truck, I knew it had no issues. But it was still satisfying to see the frame serial number match up with that on the cab.


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300