I was just finishing most of the cab sheet metal inner and outer (pic 1) and I was all happy and then I seen a picture of the mounting of the park brake bracket and realized I had not even thought about this when I installed the rocker panel on the driver side . To my horror the park brake bracket hole for the brake rod was at least an inch and half to the rear (see pic 2) of the end hole of the rocker panel(or sill panel) . What a disapppointment. I felt the only solution was to cut back out the rocker panel (or sill panel) from the A pillar , B pillar cowel panel ,cowl brace and move it forward so the end rocker panel hole, the park brake bracket rod hole and the botton inner brace holes all line up of which I did (pic 3).
Now I have three questions :
1) The cab brace seems to be somehow out. Is the install order first rocker ponel (sill panel) then inner brace then park brake bracket? The reason I ask is the cab brace seems to be pushing the rocker panel (or sill panel) about an inch away from the A pillar.
2) What is the purpose of the all the holes three of four of them on the side of the cab brace?
3) On the passenger side I have the same issue wher the sill end hole does not align with the cab brace bottom hole and does this mattter?
Last edited by klhansen; 10/18/20229:53 PM. Reason: cleanup