Thanks Kevin, makes sense. I have a bunch of 1" square I can use for bracing. The floor looks like it dips in the drivers side foot well so it certainly seems reasonable to resolve the floor/cab mounts first to get a solid footing...and from there work outwards.

To buoymaker's point, thanks for the suggestion. I already obtained a NOS lower driver's side door hinge, the top seems to be fine.

I think I will adjust the truck so that the frame is itself 100% level (on stands and not tires as is the case now) so that the body should then also be level. Currently the frame is 1/4" higher on one side which I suspect is down to tire pressure differential.

Oh, and I already replaced the mount bushings in case there was play there.


1951 3100 5-window
with a '55 235/floor mounted 3-speed
Some of the story in ODSS
Most of it in The Shops Area wink