I have a '50 31000 which I am FINALLY geting around to doing some work on, after a 2 year hiatus. The cab lower front has the usual rust gremlins and will need inner/outer kick panel, floor , floor support braces etc. I have spent some time this afternoon reading many threads where people run into alignment issues when replacing doors, due to the gap being too small/large.

I guess my question is....where to start? Is there a best practices strategy, inner floor first and work you way towards the outer edge? Start with the corner and then the floor? Its a decent sized job and I want to try to make it a little easier by approaching it in an orderly manner.

I do have the FAM so am able to check dimensions as I go, which seems to be critical.

Any input much appreciated,
Paul

Last edited by klhansen; 10/12/2022 6:26 PM. Reason: Fixed typo in title

1951 3100 5-window
with a '55 235/floor mounted 3-speed
Some of the story in ODSS
Most of it in The Shops Area wink