| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
10 members (MickeyP, MRMEROTH11, Gdads51, TexasJim50, 2-Ton, Southerntruck, Ponchogl, JW51, Shaffer's1950, 1 invisible),
133
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,378 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 111 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 111 | Thanks Kevin, makes sense. I have a bunch of 1" square I can use for bracing. The floor looks like it dips in the drivers side foot well so it certainly seems reasonable to resolve the floor/cab mounts first to get a solid footing...and from there work outwards.
To buoymaker's point, thanks for the suggestion. I already obtained a NOS lower driver's side door hinge, the top seems to be fine.
I think I will adjust the truck so that the frame is itself 100% level (on stands and not tires as is the case now) so that the body should then also be level. Currently the frame is 1/4" higher on one side which I suspect is down to tire pressure differential.
Oh, and I already replaced the mount bushings in case there was play there. | | |
| |
| |