If the pump was making good oil pressure, you're probably good to go. It's pretty common for the pressure to be a little high on a cold engine, and then drop pretty dramatically as the oil and the engine parts warm up to normal running temp. 5-10 PSI at hot idle isn't unusual on a spray-oiler engine, rising t0 20-25 or so at highway speed.

The bearing in your picture looks like it's contacting the crankshaft with less than 1/3 of its available area (the shiny spot). I'm not sure if the insert type bearing can be scrape-fitted for a better contact patch, but that's why I always fit Babbit rods to as big as possible of a contact area before I begin to adjust the clearance with shims.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!