| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (BC59, 46truck, Ponchogl, Shade Baby, Hotrod Lincoln, Woodcmiami, 1 invisible),
112
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,121 Posts1,056,328 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 1,291 Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum | | Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 1,291 | I installed the molded gaskets I purchased from Chevs of the 40's and they were very close to the same thickness as the rubber gaskets that were between the fenders and cab when I removed the fenders. I had a similar problem but maybe not as severe as you describe. I used larger diameter washers to help spread the load and it seemed to work out ok. I might suggest that you back off the torque so as to not compress the rubber as much.
Ron - - Dusty53 1954 Chevy 3604In the Gallery Forum "You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell." "They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel." | | |
| |
| |