I decided to check my rear brakes today since I was having a little trouble stopping. The fronts were fine. They had been done prior to me buying the truck and a two speed rear end was put on too but no mention of the rear brakes having been done. I pulled off the drums and noticed a piece of my brakes were missing. I also noticed both brake cylinders were locked up, I had been driving with only the front brakes(only drove is twice, short distance). The piece I am missing is a bolt with a spring on the back of the backing plate that attaches to a washer like piece on the inside with nipples that turn the brake cylinder to adjust the in and out of the shoes.
Are these availabe in Auto part stores or is it part of the backing plate which I would have to find at the wrecking yard? I am putting in an oreder for two brake cylinder rebuild kits from Jim Carter, should they have this piece? Anyone have a spare? Below are pics of the part and how it looks installed on the backing plate.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/264653311/2409938650040363269xLxHVM

http://community.webshots.com/photo/264653311/2390982930040363269ovNicF