Back on this old post.
I've changed my transmission oil to a straight grade 90 oil I found in my supply cabinet. Still grinds a bit downshifting from 3 to 2.
I bought a replacement 235 engine that came with a 3 speed transmission. It looks the same as my existing original (?) transmission. Before I swap transmissions, is my replacement a good match? I tried looking for casting numbers online, but couldn't find anything.
Existing Transmission casting numbers:
Main Case: 3845122. 4 bolt side Cover:
3845157 Tail extension: 3707185
Replacement Transmission 4 bolt side Cover:
3845044My existing transmission has both linkage arms pointing downwards.
[img]
https://imgur.com/s0Nfwid[/img]
Replacement transmission has 2-3 selector arm pointing upwards.
[img]
https://imgur.com/T4S4rqa[/img]
The bell housing on the replacement 235 engine has a shaft on the drivers side with some linkage levers that my truck doesn't have.
[img]
https://imgur.com/yZjLzqv[/img]
I have steering column "3 on the tree" gear selector. Would my replacement transmission have come from a COE or cab forward truck with different linkage?
Can I rotate my 2-3 transmission lever 180 degrees, or swap with my original transmission lever.
Any recommendations?
Thanks.