Dave, do you have room under your seat for a "trolley jack". Its the small "mini" jack like the floor jacks.

I have one that fit down in a rectangular plastic container and keep it on the back of my present 2012 pickup. Since I'm old and weak I also bought me a 18" pull bar with a short extension and correct socket size.
I've only had one flat on my truck but not having to fool with a scissor jack or even getting all the stuff out of the cab makes it a lot easier...and the pull bar was great......just giving you ideas.

.On my 37 I have a Freightliner Sprinter jack that I got back in '08 but can't remember what it even looks like. Never had to use it but with limited space behind the bottom seat of my 37 it fit good and is wrapped in some thick polyester fabric along with the tire tool.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile