Ed, Mike B (et al) -- Please correct me if wrong, but the whole 1, 1.5, 3,4 etc Ton rating (at least for the AD trucks and older, possibly for the Task Force as well, was actually the weight rating for the *front* axle, yes? Why they would do it that way is beyond me, but none the less ... Not sure where I got the info from ... 3B maybe?
So .... If somebody comes up with a reference to cite that backs me up and I'm right, are you all going to send me $10 donations to the site??? If you come up with a source to cite that shows I'm out to lunch, then I will waive your membership fees for the year. Deal?
.
.
Gross Vehicle Weights - 1954see attached photo from the 1954 Chevrolet Truck Shop Manual
"The maximum GVW includes the truck chassis with lubricants, water and full tank of fuel, plus the weight of the can or driver's compartment, body, and special chassis and body equipment,
and payload."
Gross Vehicle Weights - 1954see attached photo from the 1954 Chevrolet Truck Shop Manual
"The maximum GVW includes the truck chassis with lubricants, water and full tank of fuel, plus the weight of the can or driver's compartment, body, and special chassis and body equipment,
and payload.
I will still send my annual donation.
Anyone who backs you up should consider sending a $10 donation to the site.