I'm new to the forum & trying to get some info on my new project. This site is the best source of info I have found.

It is a '59 Chevy Spartan 100 with a Grove roll back bed that was installed when new. Driveline is a 348, 5 speed w/ 2 speed rear, air brakes & 10.00-20's. It is mostly original & has been garage kept. I searched hundreds of sites & have found very little info on these. It seems that short of the cab & interior everything else is different.

Are there any good books/articles on this vehicle that I should obtain?

My question is availability of the following:

Power steering rebuild parts. Everything works, but new seals would help prevent drips. Not sure what years/models are interchangable. Any ideas?

Air brake cylinders. I did not look for these yet, but I would feel safer with some new items here. Are these interchangable with newer vehicles?

What gear ratio is in the rear?

It has a SW in dash tachometer & rev limiter. Was this an option by chance? It looks like the factory tach installed in the Impala SS of that period.

Trying to get the safety details worked out before I drive it. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.


Lonnie Pavtis
Lonnies Performance Automotive
www.lonniesperformance.com