I installed a 350 in my 48 2 ton.Had to change rear cross member for v8 bellhousing,used a 55 member and cut it to fit,just cut the old one off at edge of frame.Used 3in. channel for front cross member,put a small bend in it by laying it on two blocks of wood and hit it with a big hammer,make sure the webs are down.Clip the ends to fit in lower frame.I used 1/4in.plate,4in.by7in.for motor mounts,weld to top edge of frame and down to channel.Make sure you mark your holes and drill them before you weld them in.I had to shim the steering gear over 1-1/2in.to clear exhaust,I didn't like the way it steered so I pulled it out and installed a 250 six[same mounts],I like it a lot better.
Lots of luck.
Floyd
_____________
Floyd
If we choose being kind over being right,we will
be right every time.
Knowledge is a poor substitute for experience.
Remember what is precious to another, may not be to you, but it
is precious nonetheless.
1948 Chevy 2-Ton