| Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,826 | There's no substitute for cubic inches (or dollars). Getting the crankshaft ground to the right stroke and rod journal diameter is the biggest challenge- - - -that's why I bought two crankshaft grinders a couple of years ago. Maybe someday before I get too old and feeble to work in the shop, I'll get everything up and running and start turning some of these Rube Goldberg pipe dreams into reality. I don't have any "trade secrets"- - - -I'll gladly share ideas and dimensions with anyone who will take the time to communicate with me! Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
|