Yep, its quite red, I'm glad I posted pics and got some feedback, I never thought about giving it the old red cab and black fender two tone, that might make it right for me.

My 53 isn't quite finished, its in my shed and should be done in a month of working on it at night, but it is green in the same condition (no rust) with a dump bed, dually with 17.5 inch wheels, fuel injected V8, SM465. I own a nostalgic tour boat and am trying to finish it to tow the tour boat to the launch.

The 53 has passed through the middleman's hands at least once in the past and people stop at my place on almost a daily basis to try and buy it. He has a buyer that is after it, I just love the way it looks too much lot let it go (my great grampa's farm truck was just like it but blue).

I couldn't find too much on how to shift the rear, the posts were not as informative as I hoped, I sent Oly an email and hopefully I got through the spamblocker.

Chris